Monday, July 1, 2013

Bonus Resolution 3 - 30 Days of Running - Complete

Altru's #30daysofrunning promotion wrapped up yesterday. Did not quite run every day; all told I missed four days running for the months of June. Though running 26 days in one month far exceeded my average of 15-16 runs a month. I am looking forwards to taking days off again between runs. There were at least a couple of times where it felt like a grind. Ultimately, it was all for a good cause and I am glad I did my part promoting being active in the community.

The last couple weeks of it went well. I made it out to two group runs in June put on by the Red River Runners club that started off at local restaurant, Wild Hog. There was one day where it was so freaking humid out last week, where after only running for a half hour I arrived home doused in sweat feeling like I ran for five hours. That was probably one of the worst runs I have ever endured.

My last run of the month I ran a route I always wanted to, I did a loop around the four main roads of Grand Forks....kind of. I always wanted to run from Washington St, until Gateway Drive, until Columbia Road and 32nd Ave. S and loop back to Washington. I originally thought I was going to break my record for longest distance I have ever ran of 14.3 miles, but once I started doing the math I figured it out to be around 9.5 miles so I tacked on a little bit. I ended up running up west past Columbia until 42nd St., and coming down east on 32nd instead of turning back north on Washington, I did not head north until Belmont Road and upped my total distance to 12.2 miles. Still, that is essentially a loop around a majority of Grand Forks and a heck of a run to finish #30daysofrunning with.

I have been blogging way too much on here about running, I am going to try and keep entering as many races as I can for the rest of the year and have been debating about blogging about those, but my last few blogs about races felt like they have had the same flow to them and I do not really know how to spice them up. Anyone reading this want me to keep on blogging about races/running here? Please comment here or reach me on Twitter @Gruel - all feedback is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment