Saturday, July 13, 2013

Resolution 4 - Learn to Dance - Trying

So here is a resolution I am sure some will get a kick out of. I have only braved the dance floor just a handful of times in my life. Usually a lot of alcohol is involved. I am trying to work on that this year and overcome this natural frozen state that comes over me when it involves dancing. I already rocked the dance floor twice this year. One time A LOT of alcohol was involved to get me out there and the other was just for a few quick dances at a friend's wedding a couple weeks ago.

Another thing I have been trying is playing Just Dance 4 on PS3. I use the equivalent of Playstation's version of a Wii controller, their Playstation Move controller and mimic a bunch of dance poses to the latest and (not so) greatest pop music. I highly doubt this is legitimately helping my dancing ability, but at the very least it is helping me develop maybe just a modicum of rhythm and confidence, and that is what I need the most to get me out there and overcome those wall of nerves that usually get the best of me.

I have no idea what to consider for criteria as vanquishing this resolution. I bounced back and forth a few times from doing a set number of dances for the year to just going out on a few dance dates or just going out randomly dancing with whoever on a random given night. I know of at least two more wedding receptions coming up later this year I will be attending so there will be two more dancing opportunities. Maybe after a few of these endeavors will I consider this resolution a success. I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment