Friday, February 22, 2013

Resolution 6 - Catch Up Printing Photos - Complete!


This has been a little thing I have been putting off forever, so it went on my resolution quest list and after having it stare me in the eye for nearly two months it only took me under two hours to finally accomplish it. I blame digital cameras and picture phones for having me fall behind on storing print photos. Not that I need each and every single photo I take in a tangible form, but having a few hundred stored on my computer and on Facebook from over the years made it easy to pick out 30 or so of my favorites to print off.

I have one photo album at home with a bunch of photos going back from my baby photos until 2005, and then I got lazy and just kept them on my phone and PC. I have neglected how easy it has turned out to be to get my digital photos printed. Last time I did it, I brought the flash card, yes, a flash card from my old camera to a computer at the photo lab and picked which ones to print off. Now, I went through Target's web site and was able to pick from all the photos on my hard drive and my Facebook account that I wanted printed.

I spent maybe no more than a half hour browsing through all my photos deciding which ones to print and had an order placed through target.com. An astonishing nine minutes later I got an automated email response saying my photos were ready to pick up at my local Target. Nine photos I picked to get doubles of for a nice little nine photo collage frame I picked out thinking it would be a cool addition to hang on the wall, but in typical Dale fashion I screwed it up and got a little too aggressive placing one of the glass frames back on and it shattered on me. So in the trash it went, and I will have to make sure to pick up another one next time at the store.

On the bright side, my photo album is now up to date, and this officially makes the first of 13 resolutions off my resolutions quest list I have vanquished. As the legendary Diamond Dallas Page would say, "Self High-Five!"

No comments:

Post a Comment