Monday, February 4, 2013

Resolution 2 - Obligatory Weight Loss Goal - 23 Pounds to Go!


In preparation for the half marathon, I have set a goal for myself to weigh in at 170 come race day on May 18th. I am currently 193. At the beginning of 2012 I was 240, so I have come a long ways, but still want to go a little further so I am in the best shape I can be, come race day. Besides keeping up my current schedule of running three to four days a week, today starts day one of 104 until the half marathon where I will give up all fast food and pizza until then. At the end of 2010 I did a similar ordeal where I gave up pizza and hamburgers for 100 days just to see if I could do it. I somehow pulled it off, but did not lose much weight because I did not start exercising until the end of it. I also found myself going to other fast food joints like KFC and Taco Bell a little more often to make up for my lack of burgers, thus giving up fast food all together this time around.

Last summer, for two weeks I did another crazy little diet I heard of from a coworker called the Naked Juice diet. Naked Juice is a fruit smoothie, and there was studies where a group of people only consumed Naked Juice and did daily exercise for a month and had tremendous results out of it. There is no way I could have done it for a month, and even for the two weeks I did it I cheated and had three meals during my two weeks on that program. Even still, I lost seven pounds in two weeks out of it, and it was quite the experience. This time I am kickstarting my 104 day diet by returning to the Naked Juice diet for the first week of it. Unlike last time though, I am adding in protein bars, protein shakes and bananas because all of the Naked Juice smoothies contain barely any protein, and bananas provide excellent post run recovery.

I am going to try my best to eat better too during this timeframe. I am not going to go all out vegan or anything, but I guarantee it will be far better than what I ate during the last time I gave up pizza. Last week I hit up my three favorite spots for pizza one last time, the local Happy Joes lunch buffet, the ever so delicious frozen pizza from Pizza Corner and local pizza chain sensation Rhombus Guys. It was pizza overload, so I will not expect any major pizza cravings for the first couple of weeks. Last 85 days or so are going to suck. Now if you excuse me, I am going to continue to agonize over the 49ers Super Bowl loss from last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment