Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Resolution 12 - Have an Amazing 30th Birthday - Complete!

So last Thursday I finally turned the big 3-0! And I sent out my 20s in a blaze of glory, perhaps you can say I burned the house down? The day started off innocent, I grabbed my free birthday lunch at Paradiso with my BFF Matt, and we spent the afternoon doing a bad movie marathon. Absolutely make sure not to watch the latest Kurt Angle indie flick "Death From Above" as well as "A Talking Cat" off Netflix streaming, well maybe the first 20 minutes to get the gist of it, as it is atrocious.

In the evening I met up with the family for dinner and cake and ice cream afterwards....so much cake. All was well and good, but I did not really have any plans set for that night. I did have plans to do a little belated celebrating the next night with a few friends who were all unavailable Thursday night, but I did not have any plans to do much of anything my birthday night except maybe try and play some blackjack and have a couple drinks and see where the night would take me. Thrilling birthday night plans, I know.

I was a little bummed out going into the night because I kept thinking I should be doing something awesome for my birthday night for hitting the big 3-0 milestone. I was probably putting too much thought into it, and I had a pretty good night lined up with friends the day after to look forward to. Things changed at the right time when a few people I did not anticipate reached out to me to join them for what ended up being a legendary night out. I will refrain going into specifics about that night, but for you reading I am proud to say I remember all of it, and regret none of it! It turned out to be an amazing night celebrating my birthday with some great people I definitely need to party with some more! Thanks again to you know who for thinking of me and reaching out to me. It was a hell of a night that meant the world to me, and I will never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment