Monday, January 14, 2013

Welcome!

Hello everyone and welcome to my new blog, Dale's Quest of 13 Resolutions for 2013! Make sure to add this blog to your feed, or bookmark http://resolutionsquest.blogspot.com right now.


The reason behind this blog is because last year I tried a similar experiment to complete 12 resolutions in 2012 and kept a log at home. I debated about publicizing my progress in a blog, but procrastinated against it. I ended up coming through on 8 of my 12 goals last year, which was far more than I ever thought I would, and in order to try to pull through on all 13 resolutions for 2013, I came to the conclusion to publicly blog my progress, whether I pull succeed or fail at each and every goal.

To keep up the mystery, I will not be revealing all my goals right off the bat, but rest assured the list is made and it is tacked to my wall above my computer staring me in the face every single day, right now as I type this as a matter of fact. There are some major personal goals on this list, along with a few leisurely ones for kicks to keep things interesting. You can keep track of each and every resolution as the year progresses by looking on the navigation bar at the side as I will tag each blog with the resolution it is relative too. Make sure to follow me on twitter @Gruel as I will tweet whenever a new blog is posted!

I was pondering whether or not to include this blog as one of the actual resolutions itself, but that seemed like too much of a gimme. This blog will be the first major piece of online writing I will try to regularly post and maintain in over a year. I wrote for several websites before in my old quest of trying to become a videogame journalist for 12 years before a few unexpected turns that occurred in the span of a few months in 2011 drove me away from that goal all together. I knew I needed a break desperately, and after some sporadic pieces of writing throughout 2011 and early 2012 I forced myself on a year hiatus of writing. This blog seems like a fresh start, and a much needed change of pace from the plethora of videogame writing I spent the past decade plus on.

Thanks again for joining me on this journey, and please feel free to contact me or comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment