Monday, May 6, 2013

Resolution 5 - Go Back to College - Decided

Since I looked into going back into school two weeks ago, I have been changing my mind ostensibly every other day whether or not I should go back or not. I spent a lot of time these past two weeks looking into ways to make going to work and school both full time possible, and I believe I found a way to make it work. It would absolutely kill me, but I could make it work for a year.

Unfortunately, I will not though because I went with my gut in the end. Something I just cannot pinpoint told me I should not go all the way with this. I like radio/podcasting, but I do not love it, maybe a few years ago I would say otherwise, but in the end I decided that I do not want to pursue a career path in something I do not 100% want. Especially if I go through the process all over again of getting a degree and failing to capitalize on it like before. So while I am failing on my goal of going back to college, it is not like I ended up not giving it any thought and ignored the goal the entire year. These last two weeks I consulted several family and friends about it, and went to the campus and got all the information I needed about it and gave this matter a serious think. I just ended up deciding it was simply not for me, and by deciding on this matter in this fashion in a way I feel I achieved this goal.

I was talking to another coworker recently about starting another podcast sometime later on this year. We threw a few ideas around, but nothing concrete was set and told him it has only been two months since I ended On Tap and I still want a few more months of a reprieve from podcasting before going back to it again. In the end, I feel I will enjoy radio/podcasting more as an occasional hobby instead of a full on career. We shall see what the future holds for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment